Jonathan wolfram AKA Jack Wolfram currently @ St. Paul’s School in Concord NH
I have a 4 minute procedure for booting up at truck to save maximum body heat.
1. Before you turn off the car, make sure your ear buds are in, the right music is on, and your tracks are running. Put on a hat. Take a swig of water. Make sure you’re right. Have your wallet and keep track of your car keys (ie, don’t get all dressed and then realize your wallet and keys are still in the car.)
2. Exit car and get your skis and poles on the ground first.
3. If it’s cold and especially if it’s windy, use the door as a wind shield, if you’re on the windward side of the truck, use the lee side instead!
4. Put on your boots and buckle them NOW not at the top of the mountain. Do it before your coat is on because it’s easier to bend over. Use the truck door and seat to stabilize yourself. Use this opportunity to stretch those hamstrings. Put your shoes back in the truck now. Put your gator over the boot.
5. Put on your coat. Get your iphone into an inside pocket so the battery doesn’t drain and get your wallet into a zippered pocked. Keep track of those keys, you’ll need them to lock up so don’t zipper them in your under your clothing only to realize you need to lock up.
6. Remove hat and put on neck gator and helmet. Make sure you have googles because you don’t want to have to go back to the truck.
7. Close door lock up and put keys in a zippered pocket. Pick up skis and brisk walk to lift to get the blood moving a bit before that first cold ride to the top.
8. Have fun
Bet you’re wondering why you’re getting the net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT in your tag assistant. I got this error
An error occured while the tag was fired: net :: ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
Boy oh boy was that frustrating;
Easy fix. I had AdBlocker running, and so that’s what Tag Manager was complaining about. I think conversion tracking places a single pixel gif on the landing page, and I think AdBlocker was, well, blocking that. So you get that “ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT” … the client is you (or your browser, specifically) and you told it to block things.
Once I disabled adblocker, the error went away. Here’s what it looked like once I disabled.
This makes me wonder if Google Adwords is not counting conversions from people who have adblocker software running — but that’s a topic for another post.
Your ad blocker might look like this.
Here’s a video with military style motivational speaking covered by images of the American military training and fighting.
UPDATED for 2016/2017 SCHOOL YEAR! I made an .ics file of the Irvington NY School District 2015-2017 Calendar that you can import into your outlook or google calendar. Woot! Here it is embedded in this page — you can bookmark this page.
Irvington NY School District 2015 – 2017 Calendar
The PDF from the district is here:
Irvington NY School District 2016 2017 Calendar
This video has a carpe diem message – seize the day. The message that most people are broken by the time they’re 25 has a bit of truth in it. But there is a cure — don’t believe the haters and critics. Believe in your dream. Believe in your heart. Seize the day.
The guy who’s speaking, Richard Williams, is an American rapper and activist. You might know him by his stage name Prince Ea. But he started a Make Smart Cool movement and his messages of inspiring youth goes well with this blog.
The moral of this story is: Do You. Be You. Step into your greatness. I believe in you too.
Every act of honesty will give you strength. It takes discipline and character to be honest but the rewards are great.
Sometimes we see people get away with cheating, lying to their parents, or stealing. But these acts wear on a person’s soul and they are ultimately caught and exposed. Honesty is always the best thing to be.
Here are some words that are similar to honest: Upstanding, incorruptible, moral, principled, truth-loving, steadfast, true, real, right, good, straight-shooting, genuine. Who wouldn’t want to be like that? Although it’s not always easy, try to be honest every day.
Two tasks for you to practice being honest today:
* The next time a parent or teacher asks you what you’re doing, please tell the whole story and don’t leave out information that is meant to mislead or deceive.
* Do not exaggerate or embellish today.
When you’re playing a game, there are many things you can’t control. But you can always control your attitude. Apollos Hester has some advice about keeping a great winning attitude during a tough game.
“You can do anything you put your mind to. Never give up on your dreams. Keep smiling. If you fall down. Just get up. There will be people to help you get up. Your friends and family will help you.”
Remember to keep a great attitude today when things don’t go your way.
Take time to say hi to the most lonely person you know. Write a thank-you note to someone who has helped you, like a friend or coach. Buy a snack in the lunch line and give it to somebody who looks like they could use it. Giving to others is really a gift to yourself. Nobody really knows why that’s true, but the irony is that helping others can make you feel wonderful.
Here are some simple things you can do today:
* Hold the door open for someone
* Give someone a compliment
* Call a family member you don’t see often
* Smile at someone
See if you can do all of these and more.
This week we will work on confidence. This is important because if you win this battle within yourself, you’ll be able to conquer in the world at large. Confidence does not come from your parents or your teachers or coach. Everything starts with you and what you do. So this is where we start.
What is insecurity?
I’m sure there are times when you’re worried about what your peers think. I know you sometimes feel inferior because it happens to all of us. And sometimes you act arrogant just to hide your lack of confidence. And when you get jealous, angry or insecure because somebody beats you at something, this also a sign self doubt. These are symptoms of insecurity.
What is confidence?
If you would stand up for yourself and resist the pressures that your friends put on you — that is self-confidence. When you’re not overly concerned about being popular at school, this is a sign of self-worth. When you see your life as a positive, fun and exciting experience — this helps you have courage and determination. Trust yourself and go for your goals. At the same time, be happy for the successes of others. These are signs of confidence.
Here are some things we will do this week:
* Be gentle with yourself
* do small acts of kindness
* Keep the promises you make with yourself
* Be honest
* Tap into your talents.
Be Gentle with Yourself Today
Today, lets just focus on being gentle with yourself. This means not expecting yourself to be perfect. There are things you learned early and things you still need to learn. When your peers seem better than you, that’s okay. Everyone learns things at their own pace. It means laughing at yourself when you make mistakes. It means forgiving yourself when you make a mistake. Just learn from the mistake and move on. So learn to love yourself today, try your hardest but forgive yourself for not being perfect all the time.
I’m starting with the man in the mirror
I’m asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change.
“MAN IN THE MIRROR” BY SIEDAH GARRETT AND GLEN BALLARD