“tag assistant” net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

Bet you’re wondering why you’re getting the net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT in your tag assistant. I got this error

An error occured while the tag was fired: net :: ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

Boy oh boy was that frustrating;


Easy fix. I had AdBlocker running, and so that’s what Tag Manager was complaining about. I think conversion tracking places a single pixel gif on the landing page, and I think AdBlocker was, well, blocking that. So you get that “ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT” … the client is you (or your browser, specifically) and you told it to block things.

Once I disabled adblocker, the error went away. Here’s what it looked like once I disabled.

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 2.29.17 PM

This makes me wonder if Google Adwords is not counting conversions from people who have adblocker software running — but that’s a topic for another post.

Your ad blocker might look like this.